Thursday, June 4, 2009

Big Donkey's Solo Shots



REDS:Nice win last night by the Reds. I sure hope Johnny Cueto keeps this up and becomes an All-Star because he deserves it. How bout Laynce Nix? This guy is the cleanup hitter we've been looking for. He's got power to all fields. He's smart, athletic, and becoming our best OF option. Some great defensive plays last night too. Love to see Brandon Phillips going opposite way to get an RBI. He's really maturing and I becoming the best 2nd baseman in baseball. I kinda agree with Lance McAlister today. Should we be looking at Drew Stubbs coming up and Jay Bruce going down??
Can Arron Harang get his shit together tonight? If he can hold the Cards under 3 runs the Reds have to win this game.
*Tom Glavine? I love this idea. Why not give this guy a few starts and see what he can do. A lefty is something we need. We might be looking for 2 starters instead of just one for next week. (Owings and Volquez) I'm sure you can get him at a fair price. If anything he brings a winning veteran to the ballclub.
*Ok, do me a favor and watch just at least the 3rd quarter of the Stanley Cup tonight. If you have VS. that is.
*NBA Finals start tonight. I think the Magic have an interesting team. The best big man in the league paired with a bunch of 3pt shooters. How far can that take you though?
*The Chicago WhiteSox have called up AAA shortstop Gordon Beckham. Gordon dominated the college world series last year with the Georgia Bulldogs. I really really wanted the Reds to draft this guy but they passed on him and took Yonder Alonso. Is Ozzie Guillen rushing this guy though?
*Have you heard of 16yr old sensation Bryce Harper? If not you probably will soon. The next sports prodigy of our generation MIGHT be really good.
WAGER OF THE DAY (4-7): Ok now were warming up. I think we'll go back to the NBA tonight and try to prove something. But I'm not taking a team. The over/under is 205pts. I'll take the over.

No comments:

Post a Comment