Thursday, July 16, 2009

Big Donkey's Solo Shots


1)BENGALS: So Vegas has set the teams over/under at 6 games. Am I crazy to think this team should easily win 7 or 8? Easily?

Also the Bengals have not come to a long term agreement with Shane Graham (picture above). Im kinda in between on this one. I think Shane is a good guy in the community and a pretty damn good kicker. He's not the kinda of kicker I like. Big footed. But he's got accuracry. I think the 1yr deal is a good idea. Because it give Shane 1 more year to kick for that big contract. If he proves he deserves the long term contract this year, I say give it to him. Just don't let him back at King Island.

What are the 3 positions that concern you the most with the Bengals? I would still say WR is #1 for me, then Center #2 and #3 would be the offensive line. All three have too much young unproven talent.

2)REDS: Whatever the experts are saying, this team isn't dead yet. But they need a great start to the 2nd half. Not an average start. They got 4 games vs. the Brewers and I think the Reds have 4 pitchers (Bailey, Arroyo, Harang, Cueto) that are better than the Brewers. If they can win 3 out 4 this team is on the right track. I would make a couple of changes though. I would bring Drew Stubbs up for Willy Taveres right away. Then I would let Chris Heisley come up also and play replacing Robert Manuel. Let these guy play while they are hot. They both should start 2 games this series together. Rotate Dickerson, Gomes, Nix in with them. See if either of these guys can give this team a spark offensively. Something has to be done, and obviously its not going to be getting Jermaine Dye or Scott Rolen.

3)British OpenToday starts the THE OPEN CHAMPIONSHIP. Here are the guys you should be rooting for so me and Dennis Neagle can win some big money:
Henrik Stenson
Luke Donald
Ross Fisher
Graeme McDowell
Paul Casey
Jim Furyk
Rory McIlroy
Hunter Mahan
Ian Poulter
Darren Clarke
and Tiger if you want to.



No comments:

Post a Comment